While L. Ron Hubbard books span from sci-fi to adventure, and his more serious works, this is your guide to his fiction books.
If you are new to L. Ron Hubbard’s fiction books or would like a book recommendation here are a few to consider:
- If you enjoy epic science fiction, try Battlefield Earth. You can read the first 13 chapters or listen to the first hour free.
- If you are new to science fiction and would like to start with something less than Battlefield Earth’s 1,000 pages, try To the Stars and When Shadows Fall.
- If you love pirate stories, read Under the Black Ensign and The Devil’s Rescue (which you can download for free).
- If you prefer fantasy with alternate worlds, try Typewriter in the Sky. Or perhaps you’d enjoy the dark magic of If I Were You.
- If you are looking for something humorous or satirical, try the Mission Earth series (10 volumes) or A Very Strange Trip.
Recommended Reading Order
Each of the novels, except for the Mission Earth series, do not need to be read in sequence. Each title above is linked to a page with the story description and Goodreads reviews to help you decide.
You can stick with the genres you love.
While we did make a few book recommendations above, you can find more information at the order of books blog post.
See below for a listing of titles by genre.