Galaxy Press, Readers of the Future Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. EACH PARTICIPANT’S CHANCES TO WIN WILL NOT IMPROVE BY A PURCHASE OF ANY KIND. ENTRY IN THE READERS OF THE FUTURE CONTEST CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY THE ENTRANT. VOID WHERE RESTRICTED OR PROHIBITED BY LAW.
PLEASE READ THESE OFFICIAL RULES CAREFULLY AS THE OFFICIAL RULES REQUIRE THAT PARTICIPANTS WAIVE THEIR RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL AND THAT DISPUTES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS CONTEST BE RESOLVED ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS, RATHER THAN BY CLASS ACTIONS, AND LIMIT PARTICIPANTS’ RIGHTS AND REMEDIES IN THE EVENT OF A DISPUTE.
- READERS OF THE FUTURE CONTEST (“CONTEST”) SUMMARY. Entrants will follow the official Instagram account of Galaxy Press @galaxy_press Instagram, like the most recent post on the @galaxy_press account, tag up to two friends on the most recent post that the Entrant would like to win a free autographed copy of the L. Ron Hubbard Presents Writers of the Future Volume 39 anthology book, complete the Official Contest entry form galaxypress.com/readers-of-the-future. Winning the Contest Prize (as defined below) is contingent upon Participant fulfilling all requirements set forth in these Official Rules (“Rules”). In brief, The Readers of the Future contest is a one-time competition for individuals who love sci-fi and fantasy reading. The purpose of the contest is to create reader excitement around release of the 2023 L. Ron Hubbard Presents Writers of the Future Volume 39 anthology book.
- BINDING AGREEMENT. Each person (each a “Participant” or “you”) who submits an entry during the below Contest Period is entering into the Contest, which is governed by these Rules. Each Participant should read these Rules before submitting the entry form to ensure Participants understand and agree. You are not eligible to receive the Prizes described in these Rules unless you agree and adhere to these Rules.
- SPONSOR AND ADMINISTRATOR. This Contest is sponsored and administered by Galaxy Press (“Sponsor”) and (“Administrator”). This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with any social sites used by the Contest.
- CONTEST ENTRY PERIOD. The Contest begins at, 12:01 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) on June 7, 2023, and ends at 11:59 p.m. PST on August 7, 2023 (“Contest Period”). The Sponsor’s clock shall be the official device for both the Contest. PARTICIPANTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR DETERMINING THE CORRESPONDING TIME ZONE IN THEIR RESPECTIVE LOCATION.
- ELIGIBILITY–WHO MAY PARTICIPATE. The Contest is open only to individuals who at the time of entry (a) are legal residents of and domiciled in the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia, and (b) who are at least the age of a majority in their state of residence (this is eighteen (18) years old in most states and nineteen (19) years old in Alabama and Nebraska) at the time of entry. The following individuals are not eligible to participate: (i) employees of the Sponsor, any of their subsidiaries or affiliate companies, or their advertising, marketing, or promotional agencies; (ii) family members (spouse, parents, siblings, children, and in-laws) of any individual referred to in clause (i); (iii) persons living in the same household (whether or not related) with any person referred to in clause (i) or (ii) above; (iv) commercial enterprises and business entities; and (v) persons signed with a book publisher or otherwise have any contractual arrangement that would prohibit you from fully participating in the Contest. This Contest is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void (a) outside the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, and (b) where prohibited by law. Any local, state, provincial, or other government agency or any officials or employees thereof are not eligible to participate.
- PRIZES. One (1) autographed copy of the L. Ron Hubbard Presents Writers of the Future Volume 39 anthology book per verified winner. One hundred (100) autographed WOF anthology books will be made available for winners. (“Prizes”) The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each autographed copy of L. Ron Hubbard Presents Writers of the Future Volume 39 anthology book of all Prizes is “31 USD and the sum of all prizes is $3,100 USD.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. To enter the Readers of the Future Contest, follow all of the steps listed below:Step One: Like and tag two friends you would like to receive a copy of the Writers & Illustrators of the Future anthology book on the official influencer Instagram or TikTok account and post where you first learned about the contest.
Step Two: Follow the official Writers of the Future @wotfcontest Instagram account, like the post promoting the Readers of the Future Contest.
Step Three: Complete the Contest Entry Form at galaxypress.com/readers-of-the-future. All required information must be included for the Entry to be eligible.
Participants will be notified via email and must provide their name, age, and contact information within 48 hours of receiving the notification.
Winners will also be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility, a liability/publicity release, and any other documents required by the contest administrators. Failure to sign and return the required documents within the specified time period may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected.
By entering the Readers of the Future Contest, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the contest administrators, which are final and binding in all respects. The contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
The Readers of the Future Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram, Facebook, TikTok or YouTube.
- ENTRY DEADLINE. All Entries must be received on or before the end of the Contest Period in order to be eligible to win the Prizes.
- SELECTION OF CONTEST WINNERS, JUDGING CRITERIA, AND NOTIFICATION. • Grand Prize and Prize winners will be determined at the sole discretion of the Sponsor and Administrator.• The Administrator will contact winners by email at the email address provided in their Entry. Participants should keep an eye on their incoming messages and make sure they reply within 48 hours to the message sent by the Administrator.• The Prize may be forfeited and may be awarded to another Participant who is selected per the Judging Criteria above if (i) any Prize notification or Prize is returned as undeliverable, (ii) the Administrator is unable to contact a potential winner within 48 hours of the first attempt to contact him or her, (iii) a potential winner fails to provide his or her contact information after notification by the Sponsor, (iv) a potential winner is determined by Sponsor or Administrator, in its sole discretion, to be ineligible, (v) a potential winner declines the Prize, or (vi) a potential winner is otherwise not in compliance with these Rules.• In the event that no responses are received, no Prizes will be awarded.• The Prizes will be fulfilled within approximately two weeks after the conclusion of the Contest. The Sponsor and Administrator are not responsible for any delay in awarding any Prize.• DETERMINATIONS OF THE SPONSOR AND/OR ADMINISTRATOR ARE FINAL AND BINDING.CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PARTICIPANT, PERSON, OR ENTITY TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL OR CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
- PERMISSIVE USE: By submitting your Entry, you grant the Sponsor, Administrator, and any related affiliates or agents unlimited, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, and royalty-free right, license, privilege, and permission to use any and all renderings of your Entry, including any video and film captured during the Grand Prize experience, transportation to the event, during the Writers & Illustrators of the Future workshops, events, and outings, content created during the event, video and photos taken from arrival in Los Angeles to departure from Los Angeles, your name (including any and all nicknames, related names, and aliases), characters, biographies, artist’s portrayal of characters, voice, image, likeness, visual representations, any and all attributes of your personality, and/or any and all of your acts, poses, actions, and appearances (collectively, “Name and Likeness”), and any ancillary use or derivative works on or in connection with any film, audio tape, video tape, audio-visual work, sound recordings, photograph, illustration, animation, broadcast, or any derivative works or versions thereof in any media or embodiment now known or hereafter developed, throughout the world in any way the Sponsor or Administrator deems fit without any consideration or prior notice.Please note that this permissive use clause grants the Sponsor and its affiliates the right to use your Name and Likeness and any other materials submitted by you in connection with the Contest without any obligation to compensate you or obtain your prior consent.
- ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS. By submitting the Entry, you agree to communicate for the purpose of the Contest with the Sponsor and/or Administrator electronically. Through your Entry submission, you (i) agree that your consent to these Rules is a binding form of your electronic signature and (ii) represent that you have Internet access and a valid email address enabling you access to information pertaining to the Contest and to receive communications and documents electronically. Your consent is effective unless and until you withdraw it in writing to email@example.com.
- TAXES. ALL TAXES, FEES, DUTIES, SURCHARGES, IF ANY, IMPOSED ON ANY CONTEST PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNERS. Each winner is solely responsible for ensuring that he or she complies with all the applicable tax laws and filing requirements. If a winner fails to comply with such laws, the Prizes may be forfeited and the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, select an alternative potential winner.
Galaxy Press, 7051 Hollywood Blvd., Suite 200, Los Angeles, CA 90028
Or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- RIGHT TO CANCEL, MODIFY, OR DISQUALIFY. If for any reason the Entry or Contest or any portion of either is not capable of running as planned due to any reason, technical or administrative problems, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the Sponsor’s or Administrator’s reasonable control which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest or any portion of either.
- NO WARRANTY. THE SPONSOR, ADMINISTRATOR, AND ANY RELATED AFFILIATES MAKE NO OTHER WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS WHATSOEVER RELATIVE TO THE QUALITY, CONDITIONS, FITNESS, OR MERCHANTABILITY OF ANY ASPECTS OF THE PRIZES. No transfer, substitutions, or cash equivalent for Prizes will be allowed, except at the Sponsor’s and/or Administrator’s sole discretion. The Sponsor and/or Administrator reserve the right to substitute Contest Prizes, in whole or in part, of equal or greater monetary value if Contest Prizes cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, as described for any reason.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE SPONSOR, ADMINISTRATOR, OR ANY RELATED AFFILIATES, CLIENTS, PERSONNEL, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, AGENTS, OR PRINCIPALS (PARTNERS, SHAREHOLDERS, OR HOLDERS OF AN OWNERSHIP INTEREST, AS THE CASE MAY BE) BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR LOSS OF PROFITS, INCURRED BY PARTICIPANTS OR ANY THIRD PARTY, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY OR IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITIES OF SUCH DAMAGES, ARISING FROM THE ENTRY, THE CONTEST PRIZES OR USE OF A CONTEST PRIZE, EVEN IF THE SPONSOR OR ADMINISTRATOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.The Sponsor and/or Administrator are not responsible for: (i) lost, late, incomplete, invalid, illegible, unintelligible, damaged, altered, counterfeit, infringing, obtained through fraud, late, or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified; (ii) failed, partial or garbled computer transmissions; (iii) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to electronic malfunctioning of any network; or (iv) any technical, computer, telephone, cable, network, electronic or internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, availability or intervention, error, omission, interruption, detection, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the web site or otherwise whether caused by web site users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest. The Sponsor and/or Administrator reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any application not in compliance with these Rules.Participants agree that the Sponsor and/or Administrator shall have no liability for unsuccessful efforts to notify any potential Contest Winner, or for any injuries, losses, or damages by reason of the Participant’s participation in the Contest.
- INDEMNITY AND RELEASE. Each Participant agrees to release, defend, and hold harmless the Sponsor, Administrator, and any related affiliates, clients, personnel, directors, officers, agents, or principals (partners, shareholders, or holders of an ownership interest) from any and all liability, loss or damages arising from or in connection with his/her acts or omissions, Entry, receipt and/or use of a Prize, or participation in the Contest. Sponsor, Administrator, and any related affiliates, clients, personnel, directors, officers, agents, or principals (partners, shareholders, or holders of an ownership interest) shall have no liability for any injury, misfortune, or damage to either persons or property incurred by entering, participating in or winning the Contest.
- IN CASE OF DISPUTES. The Sponsor and/or Administrator will interpret these Rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims, or ambiguities concerning the Rules, and the Sponsor’s and/or Administrator’s decisions shall be final. If any provision of these Rules is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these rules, which shall remain in full force and effect. The Sponsor and/or Administrator’s reserve the right to modify or terminate the Contest or to make such other decisions regarding the administration or outcome as the Sponsor and/or Administrator deem appropriate.
- FORUM AND RECOURSE TO JUDICIAL PROCEDURES. If there is any conflict between any promotional material and these Rules, the provisions of these Rules shall prevail. The resolution of any dispute shall be within Sponsor and/or Administrator’s sole discretion. As a condition of entering this Contest, except as prohibited by law, you agree that: (a) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys’ fees or court costs. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor in connection with this Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. Any legal suit, action, or proceeding arising out of this Contest or the applicable Rules shall be instituted exclusively in the federal courts of the United States or the courts of California in each case located in the city of Los Angeles, and the entrant(s), Sponsor and Administrator irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts in any such suit, action, or proceeding and waives any objection based on improper venue or forum non conveniens.
- WAIVER OF JURY TRIAL. THE PARTICIPANT(S), SPONSOR, AND ADMINISTRATOR ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ANY CONTROVERSY THAT MAY ARISE OUT OF OR RELATING TO THESE RULES OR THIS CONTEST IS LIKELY TO INVOLVE COMPLICATED AND DIFFICULT ISSUES AND, THEREFORE, THE PARTICIPANT(S), SPONSOR, AND ADMINISTRATOR IRREVOCABLY AND UNCONDITIONALLY WAIVE ANY RIGHT THEY MAY HAVE TO A TRIAL BY JURY IN RESPECT OF ANY LEGAL ACTION, PROCEEDING, CAUSE OF ACTION OR COUNTERCLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THESE RULES OR THIS CONTEST.
- CONTACT AND WINNER LIST. For the names of the winners, available upon completion of winner confirmation, go to https://galaxypress.com/readers-of-the-future/.Any queries shall be sent by mail to Sponsor at:
Galaxy Press, 7051 Hollywood Blvd., #200, Los Angeles, CA 90028 Or by email at: email@example.com
© 2023 Galaxy Press, Inc. All rights reserved.
Abbreviated Rules for Social: NO PURCH. NEC. Open leg. res. [legal residents of] 50 US/DC, 18+. Void where prohibited. Ends on August 7, 2023. Restrictions apply. For full details go to https://galaxypress.com/readers-of-the-future/.